Share Certificates are term deposits similar to a certificate of deposit at a bank. You deposit funds for a predetermined period of time at a guaranteed rate of interest for that period. The credit union currently offers several terms ranging from 6 months to 3 years for certificates.
Policy & Limitations:
- Minimum deposit of $500.00
- Early withdrawal penalty. If the funds are withdrawn prior to maturity, a member would forfeit 90 days interest. No principal forfeiture
- Renewal notices are mailed prior to maturity.
- Members can cash in the certificate at maturity or roll it over for another term. If no action is taken the certificate automatically renews for the same term at the current rate offering.
- There is a 10 day grace period on certificate renewals. Any certificate that has been rolled over for another term may be cashed in within 10 days of the rollover with no penalty.